This Agreement made and executed by and between the Renter and CSV Car Rental.
WITNESSETH CSV Car Rental hereby rents to the RENTER the vehicle more particularly described on the 1st page hereof. Subject to all the terms and conditions contained herein and in consideration thereof, the RENTER acknowledges and agrees to the following:
1. TERMS OF PAYMENT – Cash Payment Only.
2. RENTAL HOURS – A day’s rental is equivalent to 24 hours. Excess hours shall be charged at 1/6 of daily rate. If rental covers 6 hours or
more (up to 24 hours) the daily rate shall be applied. Weekly or monthly rentals cut-off time is 12:00 midnight. For weekly or long period
rentals, every endeavor will be made to retain same car and chauffeur. During such period CSV Car Rental reserves the right to
substitute any other similar category car and chauffeur according to the exigencies of the services (e.g. Car due for check-up shall be
recalled and replaced by any available unit.)
3. Gasoline, Parking Fees and Toll Fees are for RENTER’s account.
4. RENTER shall be liable to pay interest at the rate of twenty four percent (24%) per anum in case of delay in payment of rental fee within
the period provided. Immediately upon return of the vehicle. Should the matter be referred to a lawyer, it is agreed that the RENTER shall
pay attorney’s fees at the rate of 25% of the amount due in case shall it be less that P5,000.00, in addition to the cost of suit.
5. RENTER hereby consents that in case of suit arising out of or in connection with the agreement, the venue is agreed to be at Cebu City.
6. That said vehicle shall not be operated in the following cases to with:
– To travel to the mountain trail and other areas where roads are impassable for cars or van and to ferry the rented vehicle out of Cebu
– To carry passengers of property or other forms of personal belongings or goods for a consideration.
– By any person who has pending case or charge otherwise convicted of a crime against the public property or to carry persons with
– To propel or tow any other vehicles, trailer or other heavy things with or without wheels.
– By any person who is or have symptom or previous record of mental illness, or by any person who is under the influence of liquor and
– To transport goods in violation of customs rules and regulations or in any other manner deemed illegal.
– By any person other than the RENTER or declared driver in this agreement, unless CSV Car Rental permission is first obtained in
writing. It is understood that in the absence of a written consent from CSV Car Rental the RENTER is ipso facto deemed to have
violated this agreement.
– A person who is less than 25 years of age, whether he or she has a driver’s license or not.
7. That the liability of CSV Car Rental for any kind of damage arising from accidents, loss of life and property actual moral and exemplary
damages over and above the specified insurance coverage shall be limited only to the amount the RENTER has paid in premium to CSV
8. COLLISION DAMGE – The RENTER is responsible for the first P20,000.00 damage to CSV Car Rental’s vehicle but this liability may be
waived by payment of the Participation Fee of 1% of the vehicles insured value. The RENTER will be liable, however, for the full cost of
damage if the car is driven in violation of the RENTAL AGREEMENT of for failure to submit a police report and a photocopy of the driver’s
license and passport during the accident. Also, RENTER shall be liable for the per day rental of the unit, during the duration the car is
9. PERSONAL ACCIDENT – The insurance carried by CSV Car Rental’s vehicle covers the driver’s liability for injury to others and provides
coverage up to P50,000.00 for every passenger up to four (4) passengers.
10. FOR SELF-DRIVE RENTAL – RENTER shall be liable for the 1% for renter’s participation of the vehicle insured value in case of
involvement in a vehicular accident. The renter is also liable for the loss of income in repairing the unit. Renter shall be liable for the
number of days the car will be repaired multiplied by daily rate.
11. EXTENSION OF RENTAL – Should RENTER wish to extend rental beyond the previously agreed return date and time, the RENTER
should immediately advise CSV Car Rental. Failures to abide by the extension procedure by mean that the customer is violating this
12. That CSV Car Rental while taking all precautions and using its best effort to prevent such happening, shall not be liable for mechanical
failure of said vehicle or consequential damages. The RENTER shall not make any claim for damages against CSV Car Rental for delay
through breakdown or accident and that the RENTER shall not authorize anybody to repair and/or change any part of the car without
the prior knowledge and written approval of CSV Car Rental. The RENTER shall pay for the damages to the car resulting from his/her
13. In case for vehicle accident or damage caused by any fortuitous event where the RENTER is not at fault or in any way negligent, the RENTER is bound to shoulder only the 1% of the vehicle insured value whichever is higher otherwise covered by an insurance policy, and
if the cost of repair, damage and consequential liabilities are covered by and recoverable from an insurance cover. It is immaterial as to
whose fault or negligence the damage’s was caused. Otherwise, the RENTER shall be liable for the whole amount is he/she is at fault or
negligent in driving the car.
14. In case of trips outside Metro Cebu, the RENTER binds himself to advice CSV Car Rental in writing of his/her intentions thereabout,
failing the RENTER shall be responsible for all cost of fixing any engine and mechanical trouble happening along its route. In all cases,
vehicle should be driven by an authorize driver, or else, the RENTER is in breach.
15. The RENTER hereby releases CSV Car Rental of and from any liability for loss or damage to any property left, stored or transported by
the RENTER or any other person in or upon vehicle before or during the term of this rental or after return of vehicle to CSV Car Rental.
The RENTER further agrees to hold CSV Car Rental harmless from and to defend and indemnify CSV Car Rental against all claims and
costs based upon or arising out to such loss or damage.